The National Weather Service has issued a Freeze Warning for Southwest Washington and Portland Oregon, in effect from midnight tonight until 9am Saturday.
What should you do during a Freeze Warning? Protect your home by taking the following easy steps:
- Open the cabinets under the sinks in your kitchen and bathrooms to allow heated air to circulate around the water pipes.
- Set your thermostat at a minimum of 55 degrees, especially when you are gone for the day or away for a long time. 68 degrees is ideal for energy conservation.
- Let indoor faucets drip, but do not run a heavy stream of water (remember, it only takes a small drip).
- Cover any vents around your home’s foundation.
- Drain water hoses and store them in a garage or shed.
- Drain irrigation water supply lines.
Worried your furnace isn’t up to the task? Call us and ask about servicing and upgrades! (360) 322-1499